“We learn wisdom from failure much more than success. We often discover what we will do, by finding out what we will not do” – Samuel Smiles
If you buy organic produce here is a helpful chart to save your money at the store. Buying in season means lower prices.
IF – RUDYARD KIPLING
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too:
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise;
If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same:.
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build’em up with worn-out tools;
If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings,
And never breathe a word about your loss:
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: “Hold on!”
If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!
Supplements can be utilized to help you reach your goal whether your a newbie or bodybuilder. Its essential for every workout plan to include protein (whey, isolate, casein), amino acids, vitamins, pre workout, post workout (recovery), fish oil, carbs, fruits and vegetables. Having a strong foundation of supplements will help build muscle, loss fat, and promote energy. Promote muscle growth during your weight loss fitness plan.
My new workout plan starts monday (previous post) but these are the supplements Ive been taking and will take during the plan. Ive included the link to each product if you would like more information about the ingredients.
Link nutritional information on each product MUSCLE PHARM PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
Muscle Pharm Assualt – My pre work out supplements
Muscle Pharm Combat Powder – Protein
Muscle Pharm Recon – Recovery
Muscle Pharm Armor V – Multi Vitamins
Muscle Pharm ZMA Max – Promotes deep healing sleep
Muscle Pharm BCAA – Promotes muscle development and maintenance
My 5 Steps to Success
1. Get off the couch. Working out 4-5 days with 30 minute of cardio will certainly help you reach your fitness goal. It’s amazing how much time we waste just by watching TV. Even if you’re not at the gym calories can be burned by cleaning the house, washing the car, mowing the yard, be active during your day.
2. Know your workout. Have a plan at the gym and know how to properly do each exercise. Is your form correct? Many gyms offer 1-2 free PT session when you sign up for a membership, take advantage. Build a relationship with the staff most times they will help you if you have question about a certain exercise.
3. Know what your eating. You are your biggest obstacle when it comes to weight loss. Know the food you’re putting into your body. Have a balanced plan of fruits, vegetables, carbs, proteins and fats. Supplementation is equally important vitamins, fish oil, protein powder, amino acids, pre and post workout powders. There are many online resource guides or consult your doctor before you take any supplements.
4. Track your results. This to me is the biggest one. I still have my notebook from every work out when I lost 65 pounds, that may be too extreme for some, or track how many miles you run or use a pedometer at work. I enjoyed beating myself.
5. No excuses. Everyone knows what excuses are like…. and everyone has one!
I really enjoyed this clip and excerpt. The actual poem is “the ballad of reading gaol” it’s quite long but I included one of my favorite excerpts. Im not one for poetry but I need some inspiration and motivation to keep me going. BE A FIGHTER TODAY!
In Reading gaol by Reading town
There is a pit of shame,
And in it lies a wretched man
Eaten by teeth of flame,
In a burning winding-sheet he lies,
And his grave has got no name.
And there, till Christ call forth the dead,
In silence let him lie:
No need to waste the foolish tear,
Or heave the windy sigh:
The man had killed the thing he loved,
And so he had to die.
So I made it through Week 1 of my cleansing process! I feel great! Not only because I accomplished a goal that was a seriously lofty challenge but also physically, I can’t remember the last time I felt this good. The headaches went away all together a couple of days ago.
I did a pretty good job of sticking to the plan of following some of the Whole Living recipes and making up my own recipes with the list of Cleanse-Friendly foods. My favorite new thing is to make smoothies. I don’t have a blender at my house, but I’ve been visiting my parents and I could make a smoothie everyday.
Some Favorite Smoothie Concoctions:
- 1/2 Banana
- 2 Oranges
- 2 cups frozen berries (Whole Foods & the local chain both had an organic blend)
- 2 cups frozen berries
- 1 Orange
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Mango
- 1/2 Banana
Tropical Fruit &…
View original post 533 more words